The following describes how to send a gmail through pentaho without degrading security on your work account.
1. Through a test account enable security with less secure apps. I did not do this with my work account.
4. In Pentaho under an email tool in a job.
5. Enter the address of where ever you want to send to.
6. Enter your test Gmail account email address for both the Sender and Reply to.
7. Enter the address of where ever you want to send to.
5. Enter “smtp.gmail.com for the server.
8. Enter “465” for the port.
9. Check Use authentication.
10. Enter your test Gmail account email address.
11. Enter your Password.
12. Check Use secure authentication.
12. Select SSL
13. Click Ok
Thats all there is to it.
Photographs and ScreenShots by Jeremy Stakich.